VSHP objectives is a list of the priorities for the organization. These objectives will be used in guiding the Board and Committees to develop goals and plans for the year.
Virginia Society of Health-System Pharmacists Objectives
1. Establish proactive stances on issues affecting the profession at the state level in order to develop a system to provide timely responses to public professional concerns/inquiries.
2. Remove barriers to the use of technical support in the safe and efficient distribution of medications in organized health-care organizations.
3. Support increased/standardized education of pharmacy technicians to meet current and future responsibilities.
4. Expand public information activities (designed to communicate the positions and actions of the VSHP) to members, health-care practitioners, policy makers, and consumers.
5. Provide timely and accessible continuing education that addresses the needs and interests of the members. 6. Assure that professional service and dedications to safe/effective drug use are afforded high visibility to persons considering pharmacy as a career path.
7. Provide the VSHP membership with a unified voice on professional practice issues which are the subject of legislative/regulatory actions.
8. Build effective liaisons/associations which will allow VSHP to access to/input into the decision making process for pertinent legislative and regulatory actions.
9. Provide opportunities for VSHP members to "network" ideas related to pharmacy practice issues.
10. Perpetuate high quality membership service and representation through effective leadership promotion within VSHP.
11. Accurately represent and advance the interest of the membership.
12. Determine and develop guidelines to maximize VSHP investment income and determine acceptable levels of risk.
13. Maintain a reserve fund for contingency purposes.